Monday, June 20, 2011

11:02 (Eleven O Two)


This poem is actually a dream that I had recently.  When I woke up I took my journal, got my coffee and sat down in the sun room to write down the dream.  As I put pen to paper, it was as though the Holy Spirit walked into the room and the dream came out in the form of a poem.  This type of poem could take me days or weeks to write, but this time the whole thing came out complete and whole in about 15 - 30 minutes.  I love it when God shows up and does his thing!  Enjoy!

11:02 (Eleven O Two)

A demonstration of power is what they said; little did I know it was to be somebody’s head.

At 11:02 the town’s bell would toll, then the principality would come down and his plans would unfold.

Fear and mayhem was the name of his game, keep lives in bondage, may they feel all is vain

But it was that day that I walked through with the gospel to tell and the priest picked me for his God to kill.

The loss of my life was to be a demonstration of power when his god came down at the 11:02 hour.

What do I do?  What do I say?  Where do I go that I might get away?

There is no escaping, said the priest as he laughed, of this I’m sure at 11:02 you will be dead.

I began to run as I looked at my watch, realizing 11:02 was the very next notch.

My heart began to pound, there was pressure in my head, as the bell began to toll I felt a sense of dread.

That feeling increased as something came down, darkness thick under which the whole town was bound.

My light grew dim; my breathing slacked, before something in my spirit rose up to fight back.

“Jesus is Lord,” became my mantra, my cry and the darkness shrank under words that could not be denied.

“Jesus is Lord!” I yelled out loud again and again, though my heart continued to beat like this was the end.

"There is no power save his alone, because he paid the price to sit on the throne."

I grew in confidence and surety, as I spoke Jesus name and made my decree.

The priest's laughter was now totally gone, having never seen something like this go on

The darkness shrank each time I said the name, till it finally disappeared thus ending it’s game.

Fear and confusion from the town square were now gone, peace and joy came down with this new spiritual dawn.

I shared my message of good news and peace and for the first time the people’s eyes were opened to see.

They received truth in droves as quick as they could for they had seen their god’s power burn like wood.

The confrontation had not been fun, not easy at all, but for the first time at 11:02, no one did fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment