Monday, June 20, 2011

Dark Night of my Soul

The pain and emptiness of being alone,
Waiting for the fruit of all that I’ve sown.

Pruned beyond recognition my branches are bare,
I’ve been looking at other’s lives and thinking it’s just not fair.

I have worked much harder, been through much greater pain,
But it’s always the others that seem to get all of the fame.

Promises I have been given, visions I have seen,
Revelations at night sneak up on my dreams.

Yet they all seem so far away right now, 
Even my hearing is gone the silence is so loud.

How long must it be that my heart goes unsatisfied?
All the streams I’ve used in the past have dried up and died.

Fleeting thoughts, one moment here the next they are gone,
Enduring my night I am waiting to awaken the dawn.

May it come quickly…

No comments:

Post a Comment