Monday, June 20, 2011

Reality Check


Fires of heaven blaze in the night
Where darkness abounds we go shine the light.

Left alone the darkness gets darker and the peoples turn twisted
Demons ride their backs and they don’t even know they’ve been enlisted to do the work of evil.

Left alone the darkness gets darker and the peoples turn twisted
Demons ride their backs and they don’t even know they’ve been enlisted to do the work of evil.

In their own minds they have created a fantasy world
Their reality is based on nothing that is real
Then they try to convince us that they are right
They tell us that the darkness is really light.

But I have met reality and Jesus is his name
When you truly meet him you won’t see things the same.

When truth is revealed what was nice starts to bite
What you thought were flowers in the day
You begin to see were snakes in the night.

I now see things differently than I did before
Reality up close is better than deception from afar
Though Truth was hard and caused my heart to spar
I now see peace instead of war.

Now I can enjoy the wind on my face
Dreams of joy fill my ecstasy embrace

Though sight revealed my wounded heart, now I am healed
I thought I would never experience the freedom I now feel.

I no longer fight and the flowers no longer bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment