Monday, June 20, 2011

Struggles of a Young Prophet

I live in my own world of fascinations and dreams
Emotions subjective yet they go to the extreme
I thought I was standing up, now I know I am lying down
War cries all around

To lay down is to die, to stand is to try
Yet I fall underneath the wall

It was whitewashed looking pretty
But a bad foundation, now there isn’t any
There was no cornerstone, now I’m left all alone

Where has He gone?  Was He really here?
The Truth I hold dear?

Insanity knocks trying to break the locks
The Three in One made
I’m not insane, yet I lost my take in a black caldron.

Words of knowledge, words of wisdom
The future laid bare
Miracles if you dare
Vanity, vanity, all is vanity

I seek and I try though I never ask why
The burden I’m called to bear

Overwhelming, little birds sounding
All around my head

Depression, suppression, vain hallucinations
Yet God continues to speak

His voice I know
It is His Person I have lacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment